topbella

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sister

Grandma has a sister. I don't know much about their relationship other than the the story Grandma told me about when they were little and she would tell Aunt Verna stories. Right at the end when it was the climax of the story she would always say, "And they all withered up and blew away." Aunt Verna would get so mad!

I have spend this past week watching my mom get strength and courage from her sister. Watching them get each other in ways that few people can. Watching Auntie get silly and laugh through a stressful season.

I have watched Julee and Jess have that same connection. Their bond throughout the years has deepened and matured.

It makes me wonder what it must be like to have a sister. I imagine its like a best friend that never goes away. Someone who, in good times or bad, knows how to make you laugh and smile. Also someone who always knows what buttons to push when she chooses. Someone to share life's joys and trials. She's a gift.

2 comments:

Julee Huy said...

Oh I like this! Thanks for sharing that, see that's what this is all about!

Cher said...

It was a very hard week and I don't think I would have survived without my sister by my side.

Post a Comment