topbella

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet little Cheryl

My sister Cheryl...oh the memories. Cheryl was always there for me. She helped me with everything. I really tortured her though. Like I told Timothy the other day, the one regret I have in my life is the way I treated Cheryl. I used her, abused her, blackmailed her and took her for granted. I hate that about myself.

But I loved my sister and tried to look out for her. I saved her from a black widow spider that I'm sure was the size of a baseball. :) I remember playing in the back yard with her and making swimming pools out of anything we could find, bricks and a shower curtain. I remember sleeping with her. I was always scared and made her sleep with me, with her arm laid above my head. ?? I don't know how that protected me, but somehow it did.

We spent hours and hours playing cards and board games and eating french fries and drinking iced tea. We papered lawns together, had sleep overs, told scary stories. We walked the streets of Norwalk, went to the liquor store for candy, and to George's market for mom. We were always barefoot. I always let her tag along with me.

Cheryl was my best buddy. We had a rough childhood and we clung to each other through thick and thin...and still do. I love you Cheryl and am so thankful to have you for my sister. Thank you for putting up with all my torture and not hating me.

(hee hee...I never hated you...) Remember that?

Love ya Sis! and I love how you call me sis.

- Beverly

3 comments:

Julee Huy said...

Such different times and yet not so different for some kids. It's always amazed me the plan that God had for our family. The heritage that we carry forth is cool and sometimes I wonder what might have been had Brad made it through the difficult years.

How different our lives would look today is the Lord had not spared us!

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Amen auntie! That was precious!

Cher said...

I tried to post this earlier, but my computer messed up.
Today was awesome! First, my big sis sends me a flirty apron that is exactly perfect for me. Then, I get on here and read wonderful things that she wrote!
Bev, do not regret our childhood, it has made us who we are today! We all made mistakes, and I wouldn't have traded you as my sister for anything! I love you!

Post a Comment